In today’s increasingly digital world, online marketing is one of the most important things that businesses of all sizes — and from all areas of practice — can perform. In addition to content marketing, pay-per-click (PPC), and social media campaigns (such as those found on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, Snapchat and more), email marketing is one of the most important aspects of digital marketing that you can include in your marketing mix. No matter what industry you’re in, or how big — or small — your business email marketing can help your business.
The Top Ways Email Marketing Can Help Your Business
- It’s more cost-effective than paper-based marketing. While you shouldn’t just stick to one kind of marketing — in fact, even the best digital campaigns need to be done in conjunction with offline marketing — keeping your primary marketing techniques in the digital space can save you money (both in the cost of the paper & printing, and in the cost of mailings).
- It improves your brand recognition. Today’s professionals all have email — and they check it regularly. The more you make yourself and your business visible via email, the more your brand recognition will increase.
- It improves your brand credibility. Simply put: if you’re not online, you don’t have credibility. People want to be able to find you online — and if they can’t, they won’t take you seriously. But by engaging in email marketing — especially if you’re doing it to promote your presence online — you’re establishing your credibility in the marketplace.
- It will keep your current clients in the loop about your business dealings. One of the most important things you can do for your existing client base is to make them feel like they’re part of the process of growth and development. By keeping your existing clientele informed about your upcoming events and promotions — and by offering exclusive email-only promotions and discounts — you’ll be able to keep them fully engaged about your latest business dealings!
- It will help you expand your current client base, and develop new income streams. The more people you reach, the more likely you are to turn those qualified leads into customers (what’s typically known in digital marketing parlance as “conversions”). You can’t expect to grow your business just from your existing client base — you have to be willing to expand your client base by marketing to other people, and one of the easiest (and most cost-effective) ways to do that is via e-mail marketing. In addition, if you’re in a non-service based industry, and you offer a variety of products for sale, you can actually develop an additional stream of income by encouraging people to buy from your online store.
- It will establish your authority in the industry you’re in. If you look at your newsletter as another way of demonstrating to your customers — both potential and existing — that you’re an expert in your field, you can create e-mail exclusives in terms of content. For example, email marketing is the perfect place to promote your latest instructional and/or informational video. And by doing this on a weekly basis (at the very least), you’ll be able to show your customers that you know your stuff!
- It will help you reach a wider audience. Finally, but certainly no less importantly, by using e-mail marketing, you’ll be able to reach an audience that you otherwise wouldn’t be able to reach by any other marketing method.