Many businesses can increase sales and improve their bottom line by using direct mail. Sending out periodic direct response mailings will create inquiries that salespeople can convert to new sales and new customers. Doing so requires the use of quality mailing lists.
A small startup may be able to do it from their kitchen table, but most businesses – whether small, medium or large – will require a mailing list service to supply the names and addresses, print the mailing pieces, prepare the mailing labels or print the names on the mailing pieces, prepare the postal barcodes and sort, bundle and deliver the mailing pieces to the Post Office. These are a lot of steps but are only the ones needed to get the direct mail pieces into the mail.
There are also some follow-up and maintenance steps to do if you want to get more mileage out of the address list. Someone on your team can manually clean the list or you can append your list and have addresses and email addresses updated by cross-referenced data points.
More Than A List Broker
Although finding the right list broker is vital to the success of your mailing list venture, as you can see there is a lot more to managing a successful, ongoing direct mail list campaign. Just consider these facts:
- How are the names going to be affixed to the mailing piece?
- Are you going to use mailing labels or will they be printed on the piece?
- Do you have a mailing permit or are you going to use the mailing house’s permit?
- How are you going to handle address corrections?
- How are you going to make the selections from your in-house customer list?
- How often do you mail to them?
- Do you send the mailing to all the customers every mailing or do you prioritize the names?
- What are the rules?
- How do you make the selects?
- Who is going to do a merge-purge of your in-house names with the mailing list?
- Are you going to attempt to do this yourself?
- How can you find and remove duplicates?
- Who is going to print the piece?
- Who is going to sort, bundle and deliver the mailing to the Post Office?
Mailing Lists Direct is a direct mail list company where you can find consumer lists, business lists and specialty lists at competitive prices. Mailing Lists Direct provides first-rate customer support. No matter what your business needs in the way of an address list or managing your mailing list campaigns, Mailing Lists Direct will be able to satisfy all your needs.