5 Great Practical Jokes for April Fools Day
After a long winter, it’s time to celebrate Spring. April Fools Day is the perfect time to let off a little of that pent up energy from a winter spent inside. Playing fun (and harmless) practical jokes on co-workers is a great way to bring a little sunshine to your office (well, maybe not to the person on the receiving end of the joke, but everyone else will laugh). Of course, you probably shouldn’t target your boss or another authority figure, unless you know for a fact that person appreciates being the brunt of a good practical joke!
5 Favorite Practical Jokes at Mailing Lists Direct
Our office is full of pranksters, so April Fools day is always interesting. Today we share five of the best practical jokes we’ve played in the Mailing Lists Direct office. All are guaranteed for a few good laughs.
- Add appointments to a co-worker’s calendar throughout the day, making sure to set the alarms to going off loudly. Get creative with the appointments, such as “comfort break” and “nap.”
- Put a sign on the copy machine stating it is now voice activated, and provide instructions on how to say commands, such as: To make copies indicate the number, followed by “copy” and to start, say “start.” Then sit back and see how long it takes people to figure out it’s a joke.
- Change the language on a co-worker’s computer (this article tells you how to do it on a PC). This is bound to drive your co-worker crazy until he/she figures out what is going on.
- Flip the screen on a co-worker’s PC (hit Ctrl+Alt+down arrow). With the display and mouse controls vertically flipped, your co-worker is bound to flip too.
- Hide a radio in the ceiling tiles above someone’s desk and turn it on very softly to a station you know the person won’t like. It will drive them crazy. Of course, don’t do this to someone who usually wears headphones because they won’t hear it and you won’t get any satisfaction from the prank.
What are your favorite office pranks? We need some new ideas—everyone in the office has caught on to these practical jokes. What got the most laughs in your office?